IMAP is down

shamrox

Perch
IMAP is down. I was told to start a new thread on this one. I can check my email by POP3 but I can't check it using IMAP. I started a ticket on this one and I get this response:

"The mailserver is working fine. You can check your mails by using Outlook Express. The webmail is not working right now. It will be up very soon."

They never checked IMAP. Can someone look into this

Yash, I opened a ticket at 10:00am. By 1:30pm I had heard nothing. IMAP was still not working and web mail via Horde was intermittent. I checked my tickets and apparently right after leaving a message about this on the forums (http://support.jodoshared.com/showpost.php?p=10512&postcount=20) (by the way, the forum clock is an hour off) at 1:30 I received this reply to my ticket.

Code:
Created: Apr 15, 2004 10:04:44 AM
Last Mod: Apr 15, 2004 1:30:46 PM

Assigned To: Customer Support(JodoHost)

[Apr 15, 2004 1:30:58 PM]
A: Hi,
		 The mailserver is working fine. You can check your mails by 
using Outlook Express. The webmail is not working right now. It will be 
up very soon.

Thanks for your patience.
Best Regards
-------------------------------------------------------

What is wrong with the ticket support people. The mail server is apparently NOT working fine. IMAP via Outlook Express is not working and around 11:00am you acknowledged this in a post here on the forums (http://support.jodoshared.com/showpost.php?p=10509&postcount=18) and said it would be fixed in an hour.

Sounds like the old SMTP problem. It's working, which is the important part. :)

It was weird though because my mailbox had messages in it that I deleted last night. They must have done some sort of restore overnight.

shamrox said:
I did a pop3 now my IMAP is working. Why do I have to do a pop3 before I can receive email?

IMAP was fixed 24 hours ago

Regarding SMTP authentication, I think we have fixed this. Could someone please verify?

Yash,

The problem that I was having was the ip address. When I did the change it worked. It just stinks that I don't find out about putting in an IP rather then the name after it fails. If we could find out about this ahead of time that would be great I just have to get to my customers before they contact me.

As far as checking, it is hard because once you pop3 it will work from then on. I will check in the next day or so and repost.

All the old mail server IPs are working except 66.36.248.11
We are working to correct this as well

Yes, both POP3 before SMTP and SMTP authentication should be working fine now. But I'd like some confirmation about this from our customers

Yash said:
Yes, both POP3 before SMTP and SMTP authentication should be working fine now. But I'd like some confirmation about this from our customers

Am I not one of your customers? Last time I checked I was :) I was trying to help by providing you confirmation (from one of your customers) that indeed the SMTP problem (I think specifically the SMTP authentication) is fixed (from my perspective).

Yash said:
I don't know since I'm using web access (Horde) but I can tell you that Horde access is still going up and down; all of my e-mail for about 24 hours from anyone but JodoHost is missing, and I've repeatedly asked why my users have had deleted e-mail show up again in their inboxes with no response.

EDIT:

Mail is working fine. All email is coming to your mail box. You may however have problems connecting to the mail box. Therefore, please use the IP instead.

Deleted emails reappeared because we had to restore the mail server from backup when IMAP wasn't working

Back