Indexes

nti

Perch
I would like to have all folders protected from browsing...I turned off indexes...however, folders still exposing contents.

Three Options: Enabled, Disabled, Fancy

I have chosen Disabled, Clicked Apply, and have waited several days. No results...

What is the correct option to stop open folders without index page from exposing itself to the world?

All feedback is invited. nti

if you turn indexes off and don't have a 404 if you do not have an index page that is not correct, and you should send a ticket :)

Stephen, I have requested support to no avail. Please note correspondence below:

10/26/07: I would like to have all folders protected from browsing...I turned off indexes...however, folders still exposing contents. Please correct.

10/26/07: I just checked and didn't see any index. Kindly, send is link in which you are getting this issue. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

10/29/07: indexes are off, I don't have a 404, I do not have an index page.
http://removed.com/forms/
This is a security risk...Please fix or tell me how to fix..
thank you

10/29/07: Hello, Kindly rename your page "from.html" to index.html and the problem will be resolved. If you have any other problems do let us know. Thanking you.. Regards

10/29/07: I am very much aware that I can install an "index.html" into the offending folder. There are many hundreds of folders without "index.html" files. Am I suppose to labor for weeks and/or months installing "index.html" into each folder?????? Indexes Off is suppose to generate an ERROR Page...
Please correct the problem....ask Mr Atul about the issue...he will understand!

Been with Jodohost for long time...I don't ask for help often. This needs to be corrected. Thanks, nti

Would kindly request more insight to the index problem. I am sure the problem lies with my lack of understanding of how it works.

Indexes Off in control panel. "Disabled".

If the folder has an "index.html" within the folder...the contents of folder are exposed.

If there is no "index.html" within the folder..."Error 403: Forbidden" function works.

Should not the "index.html" page be read by browser if within the folder instead of open folder contents being exposed or viewed?

nti Confused, I removed the index.html file which would not work within the folder...and now "Error 403: Forbidden" works... Which is great....

More feedback as I frantically seek an answer to my self-made problem!? and Honesty at the expense of exposing my own ignorance as to the HSphere Control Panel.

The previous "folder contents" seem to actually be "index.html" which appeared to be the "folder with contents". I did not create the index.html page with the links to the folder contents...I assume the "fancy" option in the HSPHERE Control Panel modified the "index.html" page ???

All feedback invited.. thanks, nt

Back