Irritating adware problem

Discussion in 'TechTalk' started by LegalAlien, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

It does sound like you found the problem. I hate spyware, more than glad to help you remove it.
  2. FunkMonkey

FunkMonkey Perch

Hey bro, I'm assuming you're on a network without a router, is this the case?? I've ran into this very thing on two other private networks I've worked on recently. The first network, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it so I reinstalled the OS and it was clean until I plugged back into the network without a router. BAM reinstalled as soon as I plugged into the modem and was in the same boat as I started in. Put a router on, reinstalled and everything is running fine. If anyone is hooked to the Internet through DSL or Cable, I would HIGHLY recommend getting a router. One of my clients caught this virus that destroyed the partition on their hard drive and it started with those annoying popups.
  3. Stephen

Sadly adware/spyware/malware gets by even content filtering and multiple routers/firewalls.

It is nasty stuff.
  4. FunkMonkey

FunkMonkey Perch

Hmmm, maybe I should scan my network then to see what all I have on here. Didn't know they could do that unless I actually open an email or go to a site that it tries to install. Been using BlackIce application control to see when things try to install. Which spyware tool you recommend??
  5. Stephen

I am using webroot spysweeper