Is 3 days notice enough?

Hey!

I just got an email today from you guys stating one of my clients' website is increasing the load on the Server and it is because the clients' forum is based on Ms Access instead of MS SQL or MySQL.

I've been given 3 days time to convert the forum from Access to MS SQL.

I request you guys to give me few days more coz 3 days is just not enough for conversion.

Further to that I have asked in my email your guys assistance in doing the same and also your fees for the same. I have still not received a reply.

Further to that, the clients Forum is also disabled at the moment.

3 days is really enough, it takes about 45 minutes to 2 hours to do most upsizes.

If we disable a site, it is typically because of the burden the forum is putting on the site.
This access DB is over 200MB, and causing a large amount of CPU looping and RAM use, we can assist in upsizing the database, but we can not do much more then that if there are issues. Sometimes permissions or queries will not work on SQL that worked on Access, however, with a standard product like this it should work with a few minor glitches like you see in the forums for the forum software.

Back