JodoHost Redesign (Again)

Yash

Bass
Comments appreciated:
http://www.jodohost.com

Aim of the redesign was to get rid of the flash and push our customer support.
We will and have be aiming for high standards of customer support and uptime and that is what the new site reflects (if you probably noticed, we've had a staff expansion)

We've also introduced a lower reseller package to attract those customers who were put off by the price. Please note that its the only account that has a hard limit of the number of user accounts you can host so I'd caution any ValueHost reseller from downgrading

Bandwidth and space increases can also be found in the standard reseller plans

I thought the flash content you had before was very professional - how flash should be used - ie - subtle, and the overall design is what kept me interested enough to browse when I first hit Jodo.

Having said that, I think you are absolutely spot on in trying to put more emphasis on customer support. In that sense I think you have acheived your goal. For me, it was reading the forum that sold me in the end.

The new RAPID SUPPORT banner is great, and putting a name to the CEO really helps. I just don't think you needed to get rid of the flash. I also preferred the slimmer toolbar design rather than these larger ones.

I'm assuming you realise the toolbar isn't consistent throughout the site, and some of the links don't work? Other than that - good enough!

Overall, looks pretty good. Since you are asking, I found a couple of nit-pickies.

The front page advertises 99.9% uptime but the page it links to still lists 99.5%. The "Why Us" page also lists 99.5. The last nine in "99.9%" on the front page looks different than the other 2 nines.

Your "money back guarantee" lists 2CheckOut and PayPal as being eligible for the refund option. I would imagine that you would like to also list your new credit card system on there as well, but that's just a guess. I had the impression that you were just trying to exclude those who pay by check.

The underlining on Power Reseller appears off-center. I don't know what I think of the text "Power" being black and "Reseller" being blue. It kinda struck me as odd.

You might consider making your links under "Latest News" and "Behind the Scenes" to be a defined color instead of letting them be blue and then turn maroon after someone has visited them.

Are current resellers going to be granted the new bandwidth and disk space limits or is that just for new sign-ups? I checked my control panel and I have less resources than what is advertised now.

new bandwidth and space will be available to both current and new. it would reflect when you plan is renewed

Back