Jodohost setup question

Hi,

Over the weekend, I signed up for the 7-day trial of the Jodohost hosting services. I received the e-mail saying that my Jodohost account was set up.

The e-mail mentioned that it would take 1-3 days for the DNS servers to pick up the hostname (created through Jodohost) that I picked, but that I could view the site via the following URL:

http://d363130.u42.jodoshared.com

Every time I go there, however, I get a very different web page welcoming me to "ehelpdemo" and I'm asked to provide a login and password. If I enter the username and password for my Jodohost account, I'm taken to another login page by "broz.biz."

Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

--Brian

I thought that I had, but maybe not...When I started this process, I didn't have any domain names registered with anyone. When, as part of the Jodohost sign-up, I was asked to provide a domain name, I entered "betterways.jodohost.com" as the domain name I'd like to have.

I was under the impression that I would get that domain name as part of the setup process, but after re-reading those instructions, it looks like I have to register that domain name at http://domain.jodohost.com.

Is that where I went wrong?

--Brian

Yes, you have to register your domain.

Sorry, we provide domain service as a convenience to our customers. Our focus is on Web Hosting. Also Domain and Hosting Control Panel have separate user/password.

Have you uploaded your files?

I uploaded a test file and created a test directory in the "betterways.jodohost.com" directory via FTP, but that's all.

I just went and registered a domain name--a different one, "swartzfager.org"--with domains.jodohost.com. I went into the HSphere control panel and updated the Domains control to point to that domain. I also turned on the Directory Indexes under Web Options.

Is there anything more I need to do at this point?

--Brian

Just to provide some closure...I've got the website up and running now. Customer Support e-mailed me to see how I was doing, so I've asked them a question or two about ColdFusion.

Thank you for your help.

--Brian

Back