JRun error consistently happening

JRun server errors have been happening just about every night consistently this past week that have completely blocked my site for periods of time.

Previous posts said this was fixed.

What's the status of this?

Thanks.

As a followup, this is actually pretty bad to have this happen so consistently. The JRun errors have hindered my development time each night this week.

When my site is actually up and running soon, this consistent error doesn't look very promising for my business...

are you using SQL2000, I got the same problem in my development server during the development of web analytics. The reason is that if the query time is too long jrun service start to hang you need to restart the server. That problem is a bug in jrun4 you just need to wait for jrun5 i guess, or use my favorite database mysql :) free and fast

This actually was an issue with a customer that was crashing the jrun engine(using mssql no less) and after finding them, we had to work with them to make the crashes stop.

I'm just wondering why are customers running bad code on production grade servers. I personally haven't had problems, but bad code causes headache for everyone.

Should JH do something about this, because c'mon, if they are writing code that is crashing the engine, they must be really selfish for one thing, but worse poor developers.

We had them test and change the code on their side, before running it again on the server. but I fully agree, test code should never be on a production server.

If you want to run locally, heres some code that you can put in your application file that lets you seamlessly work between your local environment and production:

<CFIF cf_template_path Contains "c:">
<!--- Execute your local code (make sure the path actually contains c: or where ever you run code but make sure JodoHost has a different path)--->
<CFELSE>
<!--- Run your production code--->

Back