Just a chuckle for Stephen and the Support Staff...

Penhall

Perch
By 'chuck' I mean 'chuckle'... too early on Monday I guess.

From http://formalsweatpants.com/
Call_Center.gif

Re: Just a chuck for Stephen and the Support Staff...

:D I feel like that guy in prison at times, even just to the hardware.

the other day i was building a machine with new hard drives, of 8 of them 3 went out in burn in, 2 during OS install/setup process finalizing making have to restart all the OS work.

These were some of the first issues I'd had with any samsung Raid edition drives, seagate bought them out but they haven't entered the channel from seagate lines yet, but anyway I just had to make the quip to other tech 'samsung drives heard they were bought out and have to act like a seagate now'

I have a stack of more then 30 hard drives that need RMA right now. And others used and bad, out of RMA period and warranty (no real loss they got their lifetime in)

oiye... mental note, avoid the samsungs (although I probably haven't done through 10 drives in the last 5 years; let alone 30 on RMA status) :-0

oiye... mental note, avoid the samsungs (although I probably haven't done through 10 drives in the last 5 years; let alone 30 on RMA status) :-0
i actually love the samsungs but it is just recently and issue, seagate is the oen to avoid in a major way.

I have quite a few bad WD as well, but most of them now are 3+ years old, I can't really complain too much. Mostly WD bad in batches.

I have gone through over 45 hard drives so far this young week :D

I've been using the WD Caviar black series... other than they are LOUD, no issues......

so far

<knock on wood>

Back