Korean support

shamrox

Perch
Has anyone gotten Korean support working with Coldfusion. I have an user that wants to show Korean characters and they get a java error.

Hey Hatton,

you can set the locale but that doesn't change the way the characters are displayed. The problems lies with the fact that the Java server that jodohost is using is missing a package or something.

I do not think so shamrox.. whatever came with the package was installed.. Our administrator has been researching alot on this issue without much luck. if you could point us in the right direction, that would be great

Hey Yash,

This is what I found:

After download of j2ee and configuration of coldfusion to use the new jre it worked!
No more charset errors!

http://www.sun.com
Download j2ee newest version.

Configure C:\CFusionMX\runtime\bin\jvm.config:

There is a line:
java.home=C:/CFusionMX/runtime/jre

Change it to jre folder of your new installation and be happy!

shamrox said:
You guys ask me to do some research and I do and you guys don't respond. Do you understand my post.
Since I'm only a customer, not an admin, I can't speak to what will be done with the information you found... however I would ask, where did you find this fix?

Not doubting your solution, just want to add wherever you found it as a resource in my bookmarks! :D

I missed this thread, sorry
Our administrator will be trying this out in a few hours and getting back to your ticket

shamrox, the reason we don't want to do this is we don't want to risk having any problems. If The J2EE version that we download doesn't work with cold fusion, we'll have to completely re-install it losing all DSNs, etc.

We'd like to stick with the updates and software Macromedia has tested and provides to us.

Back