Limux to Windows?

Homer

Perch
I signed up for a Linux account a week or so ago. I come from a Windows background but had a need for a new Linux host account. My need for the Linux hosting has since vanished. I must say that JH's Linux hosting with H-Sphere is a thousand times better than the other hosts I tried that were using CPanel. :tongue:

On to my question... Can I switch: 1) from Linux to Windows hosting, 2) sign up for the Windows Gold plan, 3) pay for 1 year in advance. And, it looks like there is a buy 1-month get 1-month free special going on until tomorrow, so does this mean I would get 24 months of hosting on the Gold Plan for the price of 12?

And if I can do this what is the best way to go about it? Should I just close my Linux account and ask for a refund, then open a new Windows account?

Homer said:
1) No

2) Yes

3) pay for 1 year in advance = yes
3.1)
And, it looks like there is a buy 1-month get 1-month free special going on until tomorrow
Yes
3.2)
so does this mean I would get 24 months of hosting on the Gold Plan for the price of 12?
c'mmon man :p ...I believe in wishful thinking...but that's really pushing now, uh?
I crossed my fingers, my toes, my eyes, my arms and legs...and it didnt work ?(
:D
Should I just close my Linux account and ask for a refund, then open a new Windows account?
Close the account: yes
Refund: I dont think so. You paid in advance to have the right of use...and you do. If you decide to not exercise this right...it's up to you.

Underdog said:
Close the account: yes
Refund: I dont think so. You paid in advance to have the right of use...and you do. If you decide to not exercise this right...it's up to you.

JH does offer refunds on the unused months that you paid for. The quote below is from their TOS. JH is a great company, open, honest and fair with their customers.

The Customer will be eligible for refund if he or she chose Credit card, PayPal or 2Checkout as their buying Mode during registration. Refund will be made for unused months only of the current Billing period after deducting a Refund Charge of $10.00. If however the customer's registration date is less than 30 days from the cancellation date, the customer will receive a full refund.

Yes, we will refund what you don't use, or issue it as credit to the other account if you wish :D

Re: Linux to Windows?

I got a prompt and friendly reply from sales. I can close my Linux account, get a refund either sent to me or applied to my new Windows account. But I will have to close Linux and open a new Windows account. That's no problem.

As for the 1-month special, its just that... buy anything and they throw in 1 month free. Buy 12 months and get a 13th month free. I thought it was more like buy-one-get-one-free, so I wanted to buy 12 and get 12 free. :) Can't blame me for trying.

I'd be fine with the Value plan but I need a few more domains. I don't know why they charge so much for domains ($2/month) since it really isn't much of a resource drain on the systems. Not like disk space or SQL server licenses. Why can't I have as many domains that will fit on my 400mb of disk space and 10gb of transfer space? This isn't just a JH thing though, this is a standard practice in the market. Why arn't they more like 50 cents a month or free? ?(

Homer said:
JH does offer refunds on the unused months that you paid for.

Yeah! Thanks for the info. And congrats to Jodo!!
Coming from vortech days...I cant hardly believe Im hearing this...awesome! Cheers!

Back