Mail 4...

Why is the server Mail4 so slow.... I haven't said anything and thought it would clear up, but its just awful slow using Horde....

Mail4 is definitely backed up or something. We sent out an email and it took over an hour to finally send.

I have several clients calling about this now.

Jodo... please advise.

Yea... I just have clients that really pay attention to their mail for their orders and when they know they have an order, but don't get the mail for over an hour... and then one of their new customers calls and says they didn't get their confirmation email for the order for over an hour... they get upset.

Better slow than down... hopefully the mail admin will have it cleared up quickly.

Thank you.

Ranjan said it should be much better now, but he is still working on it at this time.

How can I tell what email server my customers are on?

One of my customers is complaining that her email client is timing out.

AndyLL said:
How can I tell what email server my customers are on?

One of my customers is complaining that her email client is timing out.

Go into their control panel, click on email, and you should see the mail server for the current mail domain.

I have email on mail1/3/4 and they are all workign fine, mail5 I do not, but its brand new as well :D

gsaunders said:
Go into their control panel, click on email, and you should see the mail server for the current mail domain.

I must be an idiot because the only servers I see are the smtp & pop3 servers which are mail.domanname.com

Andy

You actually need to go to Domain Info, DNS, click the edit button beside it and then you can see that mail.domain.com points to mail1/3/4/5.yourservicedomain.com

Stephen said:
You actually need to go to Domain Info, DNS, click the edit button beside it and then you can see that mail.domain.com points to mail1/3/4/5.yourservicedomain.com

Built in MX records
bookslimited.com 86400 IN MX 10 mail.wobbooksite.com

This line? So that means she is on mail1? (mail.wobbooksite.com aliases mail.m****here.biz)

Andy

(I sure don't see the mail relay option)

Yes mail1, and my mail address is on that server, working fine.

Also, you have to have mail relay enabled in the plan in order to see that option.

Stephen said:
Yes mail1, and my mail address is on that server, working fine.

Also, you have to have mail relay enabled in the plan in order to see that option.

In regards to the mail relay... why would one want it on versus off?

Back