Mail6 not responding - Resolved

abhishek

Administrator
Staff member
Mail6 is not responding over network at the moment. We are checking it and will post an update soon.

I am heading to the datacenter to check this one, it's oddly not replying anywhere, and we had a small issue with a DDOS on win33 at the same time, that is already resolved at this point.

I am quite sure something has gone out on the hardware side here and working on it now, as it smells like burning coffee in a Styrofoam cup, since none of that is here, it has to be something on this server which won't power up now.

No success on just changing power supply, it powered up properly after that but we got nothing on video or POST. Looks like the motherboard may be at issue here.

Ugh, changed out motherboard, still no video on boot, this is frustrating to say the least.

Now video is seen, we have good progress in last 15 minutes.Stephen will update more detailed status soon.

ok, update on server, the mOTHERBOARD went out and it burned up one of the two capactiors on the board, it was mostly a solid cap board but there were 2 non solid.

So it seems it took the CPU with it when that happened, as that was the lone item I moved to the new hardware since it was more powerful than what was installed.

Right now, an FSCK is running on the file system, and going quite fast. After this is done I have to reconfigure the networks and then move it back to the rack where it belongs, as I moved all to the workbench where I have more room, tools and parts at hand. I am going to bring it up short term on workbench to ensure settings on network good (since new NICs=new settings for the configs), then once up, will do a proper shutdown and move it to the rack and bring up.

Based on current fsck speed (it is paused a bit at moment in % while scanning), I'd say ETA is about 30 min.

Server up fully now, and BTW I mentioned prior that the previous cpu was better, that is not the case with the new one, it is on a much newer faster system now as I moved just the RAID card and drives to another node.

Back