mails sent from my own site: marked Spam by hshpere

Hi

i get sent notifications by html email from some of my sites, when certain things are done.

the only thing is that they are branded Spam by the SpamAssasin working on Hsphere2.4 that was recently setup.

any ideas what i can do (other than turning it off?)

thanks!

There is a very long technical reason on why the web based mail is marked spam, but it is basically summed down to, the headers the webmaill send look spamish to the spam scans, so they get marked as being spam, regardless of the facts.

Thanks for the replies.
Stephen: yes, i understand there must be a reason for it. the question is what can i do about it? what coding pratices can i utilize to try overcome it?

Rabin: thanks for the suggestion. Where can i go about adding to this list?

Thanks!

In the main menu in cp select E-Mail
Than select AntiSpam preferences by clicking on the spam icon and then apears the white list and the black list.

Just add *@yourdomain.com and all the mail sent by this domain is not scanned.

Rabin

rabin said:
In the main menu in cp select E-Mail
Than select AntiSpam preferences by clicking on the spam icon and then apears the white list and the black list.

Just add *@yourdomain.com and all the mail sent by this domain is not scanned.

Rabin
But then you run the risk of letting through mail that is spoofing your domain! It never really ends, does it?

Thanks Rabin.

i guess id; rather be getting my own notifications, along with some other junk - than none of it.... as you say, a catch 22... :rolleyes:

Back