mass email - is there a list of 100 emails?

I noticed today that one of our customers is prevented from sending email, and the KB tells me the error is because of the mass mailing limit.

Since the website concerned has little visitors and probably small amount of mail sent, I am concerned that it is running some malicious script or having other problems, so I would like to see the log of those 100 emails that are sent in a day.

How can I do this - I could not find any mail log in the CP.

So I would still like to know if there is any way to find out what those 100 email that were sent from a certain account are? Is it an offending user? malicious script? misconfigured software? something else?

Mail log is used to get detail about mails sent from domain and received for the domain. We don't have mail log for that incident and it gets rotated to make space for new mail log. That's why we are not able to tell you about details. You need to notify us within 24 hrs. of receiving bounced mail or badmailfrom error message.

You will receive this badmailfrom error until your email address is removed from badmailfrom. It was added when more than 100 mails were sent initially. We need to manually remove it.

Aha, so once there are 100 mails sent from an address in a day the badmail block is permanently put in action. I thought it resets automatically every day.
I think this happened because smtp details were wrong in forum settings and mail was not sent at all, then when smtp details were corrected all the mail was sent from the queue and it was more than 100 :) Glad this is sorted out now.

Happy holidays!

Back