Merciless bandwith charge

Please, explain me like a 5yo. ;)

If I have a shared account at $9.95 per month with 20GB included, that's like 50 cents per GB, even if the fee were for bandwidth only, which is not.
This month Yahoo Slurpee bot got mad and took 16GB extra (36GB total) out of my bandwith and I got a juice fifty bucks charge, that's $3.00 per GB.
How is that of charging 600% more in the extra bandwith? Don't tell me it cost you 600% more. ?(
I know it is in your policies, just want to know why...

As a side note, I also have a $35 reseller account, for which I've never take more than 20% of the 120GB allowed bandwith during two years. I've never seen anything back to me, not even an epostcard thanking me for being so splendid. :D

And to make it worse. I recently upgraded a VPS account and did it by getting a new one and canceling the older right in the middle of the billing cycle... I've not seen any refund yet... Bah, I'm thinking that's too much to ask, isn't it? :(

You'd be best to take this up with the billing department, we work out things like this for clients at times :)

As Stephen said, contact billing. If you want tpo upgrade to a higher plan (with more bw), we usually remove the overage charges.

We are very liberal with overage charges.

Yash

Back