Migration Issues

Sriram

Perch
Hi All,

Its been quite sometime since the migration started and it has become a pain with websites going down every now and then.

My clients are calling and emailing daily informing and abusing that their website is down.

Is there something that am missing here or is everyone facing the same problem.

I have been opening tickets and sometimes staff are taking over 2 days to resolve the issue.

And regarding the IP change, i read the complete email sent to us and i didnot quite understand what had to be done.

Am using your IP Addresses only for my nameservers. I checked those IP Addressed on this page http://status.jodohost.com/migr/index.php/iPmap/index
and nothing came up.

The Ip Addressed i use for nameservers are :

Kindly advise and let me know the issue. If it is not related to Ip Address change over, then what is the problem here.

And finally, when is the migration scheduled to end and everything put back on track..?

Regards,
Sri

Post ticket numbers please, not enough here for a full reply.

No DNS servers not changed, and done it hard to answer as it is a bit fluid.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply. So you mean at this point, i need not update any IP addresses or anything.

Here are the ticket number.

KPS-52818-626
CZG-52455-931
CDT-99806-701

Regards,
Sri

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply. So you mean at this point, i need not update any IP addresses or anything.

KPS-52818-626
CZG-52455-931
CDT-99806-701

Regards,
Sri

if you domain is using outside DNS servers, IPs may need to be updated, otherwise they update as part of the process when the CP is down for migration.
Thanks on tickets, we'll evaluate them.

Is there any way to use one of the old IP's for a little longer?

We have one domain that we can't get updated - the registrar is MelbourneIT and getting in touch with them has been difficult. Recovering the account info has proven impossible since the original person who registered the domain has passed away! ?(

Anyway, I accept the blame for this - I knew we were on borrowed time, but is there anyway to extend the forwarding from an old IP to the new one?

Is there any way to use one of the old IP's for a little longer?

We have one domain that we can't get updated - the registrar is MelbourneIT and getting in touch with them has been difficult. Recovering the account info has proven impossible since the original person who registered the domain has passed away! ?(

Anyway, I accept the blame for this - I knew we were on borrowed time, but is there anyway to extend the forwarding from an old IP to the new one?
PM me the old IP/domain I will see if possible.

I had to do a bit of quick learning on iptables but you are set for a temporary fix now :)

And I'm going over ALL my remaining domains and accounts to make sure I don't get caught like this again!

Thank you so much for your help!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Hi Stephen,

KPS-52818-626
CZG-52455-931
CDT-99806-701

Regards,
Sri

Hello,

all resolved to your satisfaction?

BTW one was not migration issue, it was move to w2k8 issue :) and resolved also.

Hello,

all resolved to your satisfaction?

BTW one was not migration issue, it was move to w2k8 issue :) and resolved also.

Hi Stephen,

Yes indeed it is now working. Thank you very much for your co-operation.
I know. Ashwani mentioned it to me.
So does it mean that whenever a new w2k8 server is added, i have to go thru this and inform you or will it be taken of by default.

Regards,
Sriram

Hi Stephen,

Yes indeed it is now working. Thank you very much for your co-operation.
I know. Ashwani mentioned it to me.
So does it mean that whenever a new w2k8 server is added, i have to go thru this and inform you or will it be taken of by default.

Regards,
Sriram
no it was a freak thing really, a file was missing for the trust config. its fixed for you and everyone.

Not sure if my problem is the same or what exactly I need to do. I've just discovered one of my websites has been down for almost two days, and another went down for most of the day yesterday. It was an IP issue. The latter has been fixed, and I'm waiting for the other to be sorted. When the migration issue took place, I went into my PHP config files and updated the IP address for the databases some time ago now, and everything had been working fine until some time yesterday morning.

I'm not sure what the implications are, but I went ahead and changed all my database config files to the domain instead of an IP address.

mysqlX.my***.*** instead of 173.0.129.24 (which used to be 204.14.104.254 - it's scary how easy it is to memorize all these IP addresses when you're typing them over and over!)

I'm hoping that will avoid any future issues if a server moves.

Not sure if my problem is the same or what exactly I need to do. I've just discovered one of my websites has been down for almost two days, and another went down for most of the day yesterday. It was an IP issue. The latter has been fixed, and I'm waiting for the other to be sorted. When the migration issue took place, I went into my PHP config files and updated the IP address for the databases some time ago now, and everything had been working fine until some time yesterday morning.
It is best in most cases to use the same, as we flush DNS once IP migration portion done, then then make the db IP correct 'automatically'

Check your control panel for the name and IP to use if you go that route, it will be listed there on the DB info screen.

Back