migration question

psykik

Guppy
Hello all,

I just signed up with Jodohost yesterday. I've already configured my account. I created my plans.
Everything went smoothly up until now..

I'm an old Cpanel/WHM reseller and also a HELM reseller for Windows.
I wanted to consolidate everything in 1 panel. (hence Hshpere)

Now I have a few questions

1. Are there any automated tools to migrate from Cpanel/Whm - Helm to Hshpere ?
2. if not, I did well be "copying" the plans to the Hsphere.
Can I edit the "sign up" date of my clients so they get billed on the same day they would if I hadn't migrated ?

3. for both Helm and Cpanel, is there a way to migrate the e-mails users stored in their mailbox ?

4. for windows account, where can I choose if the user's website uses .NET 1.1, 2.0 or 3.5 (mostly 2.0 in my case)

5. for database migration I will probably use client tools for Mysql and SQL management studio for mSSQL (both installed on my own computer)
Is remote connecting to the database servers enabled ?

6. my clients paid for hosting but also domain name registration services. (I created all domains on Enom & DirectI)
Can I bill them this amount yearly on the day the domain expires without actually renewing the service through Hsphere since this is not supported.

7. What webmail services does Jodohost actually use ? Squirrelmail/Horde are just plain ugly. (and all linux based I guess... any windows based webmail systems ? )

if all this is done, the final step will probably be pointing all the domains to the new nameservers.

Thank you
Regards

Michiel

1. Are there any automated tools to migrate from Cpanel/Whm - Helm to Hshpere ?

No such tools exist.

2. if not, I did well be "copying" the plans to the Hsphere.
Can I edit the "sign up" date of my clients so they get billed on the same day they would if I hadn't migrated ?

You can manipulate this a bit:
http://jodohost.com/reseller/html/billing_periods.html#change_billing_date

3. for both Helm and Cpanel, is there a way to migrate the e-mails users stored in their mailbox ?

No there is no way to do this.

4. for windows account, where can I choose if the user's website uses .NET 1.1, 2.0 or 3.5 (mostly 2.0 in my case)

In the Web Options section under ASP.NET

5. for database migration I will probably use client tools for Mysql and SQL management studio for mSSQL (both installed on my own computer)

You can import a TEXT file to both if you have hte ability to export, or on MSSQL we can restore a BAK file for you.

Is remote connecting to the database servers enabled ?

yes for management purposes it is enabled.

6. my clients paid for hosting but also domain name registration services. (I created all domains on Enom & DirectI)
Can I bill them this amount yearly on the day the domain expires without actually renewing the service through Hsphere since this is not supported.

You can do a billing for "Extra Services" baed on monthly/yearly periods if you wish.

7. What webmail services does Jodohost actually use ? Squirrelmail/Horde are just plain ugly. (and all linux based I guess... any windows based webmail systems ? )

All mail servers are linux, and all webmail is linux. DWMail will be available soon in addition to Horde etc
DWMail has to have a number of code changes before it can work live in a multi mail server environment and working to finalize those.

Back