Monitoring for SSL

Is there a way to monitor if shared SSL is working on my site? I just had a client call me and tell me that his secure pages aren't working (ticket #NOY-78797-639).

This has happened many times in the past, and i want to be able to know when this happens... it's kind of embarassing when the client notices first...

Shared SSL functions as indepedent units on each and every domain. We do not have a mechanism in place to monitor the thousands of share ssl installations across our servers.

However, Shared SSL should only break during a server reinstallation. I am quite surprised this is happening freqently for this particular client of your's. We'll investigate

I do recommend switching to SSL. It is more reliable than Shared SSL and given the prices of SSl certificates today (~ $30), certainly affordable

I might have to suggest that to my client (i'm not footing the bill for that:)

my ticket hasn't been replied to yet, should i just try turning it off and back on?

KCWebMonkey said:
my ticket hasn't been replied to yet, should i just try turning it off and back on?

yes that should work.. its being looked into. Shared SSL issues take time (we need to work on them with PSOFT) :(

still not working... posted a ticket at 10:50 am and now it's 4:45 with no reply...

How come some tickets get replied to right away, and some not at all?

This was finally resolved, but not until several unreplied posts to tickets, this forum thread, and finally an email to [email protected]. i'm still not satisfied with the lack of explanation about this. Support said that "For some reason Hsphere created duplicate ssl records for your domain in IIS metabase which caused all this and tool time more than we expected."

This does not tell me what is being done to research why this happened, nor does it tell me what is being done to insure that this isn't going to happen anymore.

KCWebMonkey, your issue was opened with PSOFT. The problem with these Shared SSL issues is that we are dependent on PSOFT for a response and it takes time.

It has nothing to do with you posting on the forum :) I believe Deepak has responded to your helpline request and ticket.

What happened with Shared SSL on your domain is clearly a bug where HSphere inserted duplicated SSL records. These are Shared SSL bugs that PSOFT is addressing in HSphere and should hopefully be resolved in future versions. We do the best we can as a host using HSphere to minimise such issues

I understand that Yash, and i'm grateful for the resolution, and the final repsonses...

I'm just saying 6 hours with no response is not cool... Someone should at least let me know that they've seen the ticket and are doing something about it...

Back