Move from shared to VPS

4u2ges

Perch
Hi,

I am planning to move to VPS from shared (win23) - 2 domains, few sub domains, about 1Gb of data. Have a few questions.

• I'm trying to minimize a downtime. Do you offer an assistance with the move? Or I would need to download all data, create domains with Plesk on VPS and then upload data to the respective folders. Are there any DNS changes would require?
  • Would I be able to run .Net in full trust?
  • Can I retain a dedicated IP for one of the domains?
  • Is it possible to retain current MSSQL data on the existed server or it needs to be moved as well? I prefer to have it shared for now but optionally Express Studio 2005 be available locally.
  • Is standard COM objects pack would be available on VPS, or do I need to buy (required) and install them separately?

Appreciate the response.

Hi,

I am planning to move to VPS from shared (win23) - 2 domains, few sub domains, about 1Gb of data. Have a few questions.

• I'm trying to minimize a downtime. Do you offer an assistance with the move? Or I would need to download all data, create domains with Plesk on VPS and then upload data to the respective folders. Are there any DNS changes would require?
  • Would I be able to run .Net in full trust?
  • Can I retain a dedicated IP for one of the domains?
  • Is it possible to retain current MSSQL data on the existed server or it needs to be moved as well? I prefer to have it shared for now but optionally Express Studio 2005 be available locally.
  • Is standard COM objects pack would be available on VPS, or do I need to buy (required) and install them separately?

Appreciate the response.

* I'm trying to minimize a downtime. Do you offer an assistance with the move? Or I would need to download all data, create domains with Plesk on VPS and then upload data to the respective folders. Are there any DNS changes would require?

Yes there would be major DNS changes we may be able to offer some assistance however, or you can send an email to support/AT/jodovps.com to request some options possibly outside of plesk even.

* Would I be able to run .Net in full trust?
of course, you have full control.

* Can I retain a dedicated IP for one of the domains?
Currently active WinVPS servers are not in an IP range that is compatible to they shared IP range you have on win23, but we may have some options.

* Is it possible to retain current MSSQL data on the existed server or it needs to be moved as well? I prefer to have it shared for now but optionally Express Studio 2005 be available locally.

Will you be keeping your shared/reseller account as well? If so, yes

* Is standard COM objects pack would be available on VPS, or do I need to buy (required) and install them separately?

Generally no not installed, only on shared servers do these come.

Back