Moving domain

hatton

Perch
I guess support didn't get my emails (though I have a confirm email) for what should be a simple question.

Here's my situation - I have an account on my reseller plan that has two domains on it. I need to split one of the domains off so that I can give another person the login info without giving away my personal login info as well.

How do I do this? Surely it's something that I can do without involving support!

Thanks!
Hatton

I did something like this before. I moved a domain from a Windows server to a Linux server. It was a PHPBB forum. Just back up all the files and databases to your computer. Also, note the e-mail settings which you will need to recreate later. Then, delete the domain from your control panel. Sign the customer up for a new account under your service with the domain they want and move all the files and data back in and recreate all of the e-mail stuff. I might be forgetting a detail somewhere in there, but that's basically the idea. It's not as easy as one would like.

If you are not actually changing platforms (Windows to Linux), Support might be able to do it for you in a more automatic way. If there's a lot of e-mail accounts, this would be nice so you don't have to create them all manually.

Good luck.

Back