MS SharePoint? Or MS Exchange Replacement?

Hi Everyone,

I have a client who has 3 employees and would like to have a Hosted Exchange Server or similar so he and his 3 employees can share their Outlook resources. The issue is they are all in different states around the country. I have found some software that needs to be installed on the clients that will work but he wants a service similar to a hosted exchange.

Any ideas and/or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave Brilliant
Brilliant Host
http://brillianthost.com

hey,

Ive already asked into this. Apparently, they will have exchange available, but as many other things around here, its dependant on patch 2.5 of Hsphere. So, might be a couple more months i'm afraid. Im sure they will confirm this though.

Thanks for letting me know. If I can get some sort of confirmation as to a relative timeframe from an Admin I would appreciate it. I would like to keep this customer and possibly sell him more services. Thanks Again!

Dave Brilliant
Brilliant Host
http://brillianthost.com

we will launch exchange as soon as we upgrade to 2.5... We expect it to be stable enough for us within 2 months.

Sharepoint services are also supported in 2.5 and that will also be available to customers

Sure you can host Exchange elsewhere with no problem, in fact one of the best providers is mailstreet.com

We know exchange will be sometime away, and it is simply not a service we can offer right now with the current state of hsphere.

Sharepoint can be done on VPS without an issue.

I'll check out Mailstreet. Is there anyway to "link" the user account s or do you have to create them seperately on each server?
My customer is going with a no-server-in-the-office solution and they'll install Quickbooks Enterprise, Questionmark's Perception using SQL Server and use Sharepoint for file colloboration. I'd like them to have the same login for everything and am just curious.

There is no relationship on the keeping things in sync, so I can't offer anything there.

As for Quickbooks, this is server and I know ACT! does not work, so test it out before turning over and if it does not work try to have it tested out within the 30 day period so that if in some case quickbooks is not working, you can request refund within that time. The other apps should work without issue.

we will launch exchange as soon as we upgrade to 2.5... We expect it to be stable enough for us within 2 months.

Sharepoint services are also supported in 2.5 and that will also be available to customers

do we know when we can use MS exchange on jodo?

I'll check out Mailstreet. Is there anyway to "link" the user account s or do you have to create them seperately on each server?
My customer is going with a no-server-in-the-office solution and they'll install Quickbooks Enterprise, Questionmark's Perception using SQL Server and use Sharepoint for file colloboration. I'd like them to have the same login for everything and am just curious.

sounds like you need dedicated or semi-dedicated. read the forums and you'll see that many people have problems running out of memory on the VPS. Running SQL for questionmark and running sharepoint and other stuff would, IMO, max out the memory pretty quick.

but like others have mentioned, you have a trial period.

Back