MS SQL Server Database Backup - How To

Hi,

Is it possible for me to get the .MDF and .LDF file of my SQL Server database.?

if so, what are the steps, procedures involved in it.

Help will be appreciated.

Raam

kuttyjapan said:
Hi,

Is it possible for me to get the .MDF and .LDF file of my SQL Server database.?
Raam
I can't speak for Jodohost directly but if you're looking for the files it sounds like you already have a local copy of SQL Server running as well.

If that's the case it would be easier by far to use Enterprise Manager to connect to whichever mssql server you're using at Jodohost and use it to create a DTS package to copy the data from Jodo's servers to your local one.

Without a local (or at least access to another) copy of SQL Server the MDF and LDF files are useless.

Hatton

hatton said:
I can't speak for Jodohost directly but if you're looking for the files it sounds like you already have a local copy of SQL Server running as well.

If that's the case it would be easier by far to use Enterprise Manager to connect to whichever mssql server you're using at Jodohost and use it to create a DTS package to copy the data from Jodo's servers to your local one.

Without a local (or at least access to another) copy of SQL Server the MDF and LDF files are useless.

Hatton

Yes, I do have a copy of SQL Server running locally in my box. Rather than going thru the DTS package, if possible if I can get these files or a backup file via ftp download, then I can reattach / restore it locally.

Back