MSSQL1 reboot for maintenance between 11:30PM EDT April 19 and 1:30AM 20th

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We will be rebooting MSSQL1 between 11:30PM on Saturday April 19th and 1:30AM Sunday April 20th for MSSQL 2005 update patches.

Update installations ae going now, SQL server may be up and down during this time for 1-2 minutes and then a reboot. MSSQL1 is having a few more updates than MSSQL10 or 11 had on cluster1.

One of the SQL updates is still going at this point, SQL server is up afer being down for about 2 minutes, but one patch is still technically running.

Well it looks like this reboot is going to have to be rescheduled for tomorrow, while the SQL server is up and running just fine the update seems to be hung. I want to stay within out listed times as best as possible and we are a bit over now.

So I will reboot Sunday night between 10PM and 11:30PM.

Just a quick update, the installation of updates is done, but reboot will be later as stated before between 10PM and 11:30PM.

Some ASP.NET sites are not connecting properly to MSSQL1 since the update, there is still one windows update running right now and as soon as it is done I will have to reboot the server. I did not plan to do this tonight but with some sites down due to connection errors I can not let it go until a better time.

MSSQL1 is back up now, SQL Services are still starting however, should be up in next 5 minutes are less.

Back