MsSQL5 issue

I am working with the critical response dept manager, and 2 engineers that were called in for this, it is an issue in SP4 and we are making a workaround, it is very similar to this KB article:

but not exact..

Thanks to Stephen for all the hard work thru the night getting the SQL bug sorted out. Skilled man, I think Microsoft owes him a beer. :)

Cheers Stephen, well done!

We will see where it goes with this, MS wants me to try to duplicate the error again....I don't want to!!! :D

hmmm if you manage to duplicate the problem, what can MS do with it, since it involves private databases? Anyway they should at least pay for your company's time if they want you to do their work for them. :)

I'm with Antic on all counts.

FANTASTIC JOB, STEPHEN!! :first:

Your diligence and ingenuity combined with excellent communications have saved the day.

I hope the gulls enjoyed their serenade!

Cheers, Stephen!
Next time you are in the Portland, OR area :plane:, PM me and I will buy you a beer...
Tim

I will be posting some more info by Wednesday regarding it, and hopefully by then I will have my scheduled stored procedure tested and in production, which I will then post to the forums, I will at least have a more in depth look at the how's and why's of it happening, then if anyone else has such a bug encountered google will help them find it :)

Back