Mssqsl11 --- datbase gone?

Hi,

I dont appear to be able to access my database any more on MSSQL11 ... it was fine yesterday but today nothing! This is an eCommerce site so is pretty mission critical to the running of our business... I have opened a ticket ... ZCF-99262-219 ... I havent had a response yet to my current problem and I cant get anyone on live chat .... can someone help?!

okay it turns out that ...

ashwani: Your database has gone offline. Because it was opening so many connection and making server down
ashwani: We have to takje it offline. So, other database will not hurt

How can you do this without even warning me? Or at least letting me know it was getting clsoe and to give me some kind of timeframe to resolve? This is an eCommerce site and I must say I am shocked that you treat your customers in this way.

Hello,

This is partially my fault as I was chasing problems EVERYWHERE yesterday. It is not a matter of connections but the fact that by bringing your DB online it goes from 1-5% usage to 99% usage in seconds taking down the entire server for any but this database.

So the choice for us was have your DB offline and the server running perfect, or have it all down for everyone except you.

We can provide you with a DB backup but you will need to fix the issue that is causing the full utilization off the server, it can't be done live.

Here is the issue posted yesterday:

http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=14229

I took the DB offline and it fixed, I brought the DB on and it was good about 15 minutes then went to 100% and upon trying to take it offline it actually locked up the SQL services and required them to be stopped and restarted, it was terribly abusive in the queries, connection wise it was not so bad between 5-30 but it was killing the entire server.

Stephen ... thank you for the response and I understand now why it had to be taken offline ... I would simply have liked to have known that you had downed my db? I cannot think of any reason why it was taking 99% CPU it doesnt do anything fancy just takes a few rows out of a database, it even caches them so it isnt reading on every visit?

do you have a record of the queries that were being executed at the time? Or could you see in the Profiler what was going on at the time? If so that would help me greatly.

do you have a record of the queries that were being executed at the time? Or could you see in the Profiler what was going on at the time? If so that would help me greatly.

Sorry but I do not, I can't run profiler with filters while the server is maxed out, and it was in the middle of the day, I had clients all over me chat and tickets because sites were down across the board if using mssql11

Thanks for the info Stephen ... we are doing some more tests over our code to see where the problems were occuring.

Tom

it is 3:46PM EST right now, it was happening yesterday about the same times as the forum timestamps within 1-3 minutes.

Back