multi-lingual support in Horde

snooper

Perch
hi all

support suggested i post the question here, because they were stumped!
i'm in Israel, and have access to Horde with my ISP email. The interface is all still in English, but when logging-in i can choose what charset i'll want to use, and therefore choose the Hebrew Charset, so that i can read Hebrew emails via Horde, even though the interface itself is still all in English. For example, see here: https://webmail.actcom.net.il

Now, i noticed that the Hebrew charset (Windows-1255 / "Hebrew (Windows)" ) is not available in the drop-down menu on our own Horde here at Jodo.

Does anyone know whether this can be added on somehow? many of my users need the Hebrew, so i have currently sent them to use Squirrel, but i think they'd be much happier using Horde - it is after all a much nicer program.

thanks in advance!
Sn

Hi Shmuel

i actually havent been able to solve this with Jodo yet, and its quite annoying - because i know its possible (as i said, my own Israel ISP has the hebrew files installed).

So i am forced to use Squirrel, which doesnt come close to Horde, but it does have the option of a Hebrew interface.

I am still interested in Jodo looking into this issue again.

behatzlacha...!

Snooper, your ISP has his own Hebrew translation. It is still not there in the CVS of Horde. Anyone willing to contribute to this can send the translation to i18n @ lists.horde.org. Details of how translation is done, are here:
http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c6

I will be willing to help anyone in testing his translation. Just PM me the details.

Thanks Tanmaya

Could you send me the english file, and i will see what is involved in translating?

thanks!

Any progress on translating Horde to Hebrew? I'd be interested in participating.

We found work around.
using nls we adding the hebrew however, there are few mismatch string at the end of each hebrew line so it replace few chars to
Code:
 ===
we could not find why

Back