Multiple Domains in HSphere

Bobum

Perch
I have the basic plan that allows 3 domains - I am ready to register a second domain and add it to my account. How do I do that in HSphere? I see the "Domain Settings" menu item and I see the "ADD NEW DOMAIN" dropdown. When I go to that page I see 4 options :

• Transfer a domain you already have
  • Register your own domain based on a domain name we are offering, e.g. yourdomain.providersdomain.com
  • Host a site without a domain name.
  • Domain parking - Register a domain for your site that is hosted elsewhere.

I don't want to transfer a domain - so #1 is out
I don't want a www.mydomain.jodoshared.com site so #2 is out
I WANT a site with a domain so #3 is out
The site is not going to be hosted elsewhere so #4 is out

I'm out of options! Which one do I really need to click on to register the new domain? Anyoine done this before?

Hi.

You'll need to register a domain. Then choose option #1 to transfer your domain once its registered.
You can register your domain just about anywhere. The registrar will ask you for your hosts nameservers. Those should be ns1.jodoshared.com and ns2.jodoshared.com> thats it!

Thanks for the additional documentation!

According to that documentation however, the first option in HSphere should be "Creating Standard Domains" - which is not enabled on my control panel. I had to go to Jodohosts Domain Resgistration page - register the domain there - make sure it pointed to the correct nameservers (which it did by default), then set up an alias for the newly registered domain in my current hosting account which then created the new .com directory in my webspace. SO I am assuming that I should be all set up now - the domain is registered and pointing to Jodohost, and since I now have a DNS zone set up with that domain, once the web catches up - everything should get forwarded to my web space.

Sound right?

Back