Multiple Service Domain/Service Accounts?

Is it possible to have multiple Service Domain/Service Accoutns under a single reseller account? Are there any issues with this?

Reason is that our reseller accoutn current is setup under a secondary domai nwe have but we are now moving our main company account and would like it to be the main account.

Yes, you need to create another DNS zone with the main domain and the select this domain from the domain info dropdown, when you signup the service account again.

Few customers did this earlier, when they used .com and .net version of same domain without any issue.

Ravi said:
Yes, you need to create another DNS zone with the main domain and the select this domain from the domain info dropdown, when you signup the service account again.

Where do you select this? I created the zone but did not see anyplace to select it when I created a new service account.

If you have moer then one DNS zone, you get a drop down menu with choices of sevice domains when you signup for the service account by choosing "Register a Service Domain".

I just checked, in your service plan it is showing the new one. no problelm, choose new one.

Should I see any entries for "Built-in DNS records for reseller`s server aliases schoonersolutions.com" like I do with my first service domain where it lists all the servers or should this be empty?

Delete the existing server alias one by one and then create new using new domain.

I did this for your DNS server Aliasis.

Will this cause issues with other sites usign our old aliases? We have some using them now.

We will probably jsut leave the aliases as is, as long as they work with both service domaisn we are fine.
Can you change the DNS ones back as they were?

Actually if you see the DNS zone's configuation you will find the IPs for each alias. This will be for both the zones. So everything will keep working.

Ravi has left for the day, do you need the NS ones changed to old Zone?

If you don't mind changign them back for consistency I would appreciate it but its no problem is it has to wait as long as it doesn't cause isues. The other domain is not transfered to Jodohost yet.

Back