MySQL/ASP Intermittent Connection Issues

Assuming Tamnya is right about a possible bug in this current version of MySQL, is a roll-back feasible? If it takes away the errors, it certainly would be desirable.

I'll 2nd that, I'm also on a Windows machine running PHP and MySQL with vBulletin. Everything: Web site, database has just slowed down since you made the updates. At first I thought it was just me but it's not and quite a few customers are affected. I hope we an get some kind of official response from Jodohost about this ongoing problem.

Not sure where we stand on this issue. I think Stephen was watching some ODBC logs. Since my last post on this issue, I have logged hundreds of MySQL connection errors. I have personally experienced at least ten today.

Byron,

We are have actually moved a site that was using mysql highly from this server off, and it is a matter of DNS changes now, it should be working much better within the next 48 hours. As the site that was opening 300+ connections at a time (sometimes) is on a different server now.

I've been distracted with some non-web business lately. Since our last communication, I have continued to experience these same errors. I recently installed the free version of Cerberus Helpdesk on my service account. Cerberus Helpdesk is a PHP app. I personally experience at least one connection error every time I log into Cerberus Helpdesk. This is a top notch app, one that Jodohost uses to manage support tickets. I'm now convinced that code has nothing to do with this error.

Stephen, I know things get busy in the hosting business. It is understandable if you and your staff concentrate on the most pressing issues of the moment. So, I hope you don't mind me playing the part of the "squeaky wheel". I need this issue resolved very badly, since every connection error that my customers and their customers experience reflects on me and my company (not Jodohost).

We should start with an update. What have you already tried, in attempt to fix this problem? Since the problem still exists in full force, can we assume that everything we've tried already can be ruled out as a possible solution?

Also, there was a question that was asked earlier in this thread that hasn't been answered yet (understandable since there were so many questions floating around). It was regarding an upgrade to the mysql servers in June or July. That upgrade occurred right around the time I began experiencing mysql connection errors. The question is, what is the likelihood that this upgrade is the cause of the connection errors we are experiencing?

I don't mean to skip ahead too much. Please go ahead and answer the reply above before moving on to this reply.

I've seen these articles before, but don't know if they have been exhausted yet.

MySQL Support Site - Article on the error, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql.servername.com' (10600)"
MySQL AB :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: B.2.2 Can't connect to [local] MySQL serverhttp://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/can-not-connect-to-server-on-windows.html

MySQL Support Site - Article on possible workaround:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/can-not-connect-to-server-on-windows.html

Have these possible explanations already been exhausted?

Byron, I've asked Stephen about the suggested changes. Meanwhile can you let me if you can run your critical apps on Linux?

Back