MySQL backups & restores

Phurion

Perch
Needing to xfer over a couple of MySQL dbs from another provider, but I don't know a lot about MySQL or phpMyAdmin.

MySQL version = 5.0.27-community-nt
phpMyAdmin version = 2.6.0-pl3

Can anyone offer a few pointers on what options I'd need to select during the export so I can import the data here?

VERY EASY!

Take a SQL dump, using tools at other host or SQLyog, or some other tool if they offer remote access, then use either phpmyadmin or SQLYog and do a login, then run the SQL dump in the new DB query window, or use the mass query import window and load it right from the .sql/.txt file and it will import right it, you can do the same with phpmyadmin here, but SQLyog IMO is faster and better :)

oh one note, at top of the dump it may have a line, CREATE DATABASE dbname, or something like this, since you already have db made from hsphere,(and no permission to create a db anyway), comment or remove this line, it will otherwise import flawlessly.

Well, one of my db's was too large to import via phpMyAdmin, so I had to open a support ticket for it. The other one imported flawlessly.

Thanks for the tips!

Try SQLYog, its an great tool and I have imported 45mb sql using it, it gives you a MS enterprise manager type interface to MySQL.

Can't afford to buy another tool just yet, so hopefully the Helpdesk ticket I submitted will suffice for now. =)

Just wanted to say thanks for that link.

This app is absolutely fantastic, and will make administration of MySQL sooooo much easier.

Awesome!

Back