Nameservers in VPS

AndyLL

Perch
I'm moving one of my high end clients to a VPS for performance reasons and he has questions on the need for the custom nameservers.

When I setup my own VPS I followed the directions and created the custom nameservers for the VPS using the IPs from my VPS.

After signing up he received an email stating he should use n1x.JodoVPS.com nameservers.

I'm assuming the email was for his hspere billing account and those are not the nameservers he should use for his VPS domains.

I did tell him I would ask if there were default nameservers he could use on his VPS domains or if he was required to create his own custom nameservers.

Andy

yes you will need to create your own, or you CAN use the jodovps nameservers if you wish, but you will need to make custom dns records to do this.

or you CAN use the jodovps nameservers if you wish, but you will need to make custom dns records to do this.

Would this involve doing steps 1-3 in the tutorial replacing 'domin.com' with 'jodovps.com'?

Any advantage to either way?

Andy

Custom DNS you would need to use the hpshere cp and remove the A records for the domain.com and *.domain.com entry then create new, the benefit is you have two real nameservers to service DNS to the VPS the downside is you have to manage it in two places.

Back