Need an Opinion

4u2ges

Perch
I have won a free Jodo hosting in a contest. Must say this is a best host around. Just setup my demo classified board and would appreciate your opinion about design and convenience in exploitation.

Logon to admin page is:

admin
admin

Please do not change settings on admin pages. Thanks.

http://www.rapidclassified.com/Rapid22

BTW All ads posted are only for display?.
8)
Thanks,
Gurgen

4u2ges said:
I ... would appreciate your opinion about design and convenience in exploitation.

I think the design isn't bad, I like how you can change the overall look of the classifieds by selecting a different style.

As far as use, I find it about average in the usefulness department, it's neither easy to use, nor very hard. It seems a bit cluttered.

This leads me to your purpose for this site... you are obviously attempting to generate revenue from this site correct? How do you plan on doing this... through advertising? If not, remove the banners.

Before I go, you should link the logo in the top left corner back to the classified home page.

Overall, nice start, looks okay... good luck!

This leads me to your purpose for this site... you are obviously attempting to generate revenue from this site correct?

Appreciate your response,

Actually it's a demo which is linked from other site. I like Jodo so I'll probably move my site here... I guess it looks cluttered, but all Amazon content is for demonstration only..

4u2ges said:
I have won a free Jodo hosting in a contest. Must say this is a best host around. Just setup my demo classified board and would appreciate your opinion about design and convenience in exploitation.

Here are just a few things that I saw ...

First of all, you have a scroller at the top of the screen - why isn't this flash enabled? With today's tech you can feed that database info into a flash script and make the scroller a LOT nicer. As it is the scroller is choppy, even on a P4/2.6ghz machine.

Secondly, the "Related Amazon Products" appear to be nothing of the kind. Why am I seeing a book on succesful business practices when I look at a Sony Viao laptop?

Your layout is confusing as well - you start off with a nice, sedate dark and light red/brown layout and then the category images are bright orange circles! This is the same regardless of the color schemes you pick. Also, as a side note on the Red style, your CSS doesn't seem to be too friendly. You've got a red visited links on the top nav bar, nasty if you go somewhere. In addition it changes from a nice sans serif font to a serif font that is too small to read correctly.

On the search results, why are you searching both your database and the Amazon match? I know you want the click-though revenue but it makes reading things a bit difficult. If you are going to do that then at least put your content first!

Okay, that should be enough to get the ball rolling! Congratulations on winning the account and welcome to the group!

Thanks for the critique ;(

I guest most of it is true. But the mentioned problems can be quickly eliminated (some of them already). BTW it?s my product I trying to get impressions about.

What I was looking mostly, is to see how the client would feel around the board - navigating, creating accounts and posting ads.
AWS can be disregarded as it will not be on each page and be tweaked to get the most relevant content. Although I must say it?s not a perfect tool, as the proximity of a manual search at Amazon is much better than with AWS.

Thanks again,
Gurgen

So are you trying to sell your classified board software or ???

If it were a little cheaper I might be interested. :)

Back