Need Comments and Reviews Pleas

hatton

Perch
I teaching Web Scripting & Authoring and have about 10 sites that need reviewing folks that are in the web industry. Feel free to forward this message to anyone you may feel is interested in participating as well!

I have built a small application that wraps the student site, survey and assignment description in one page. In addition the application "remmebers" the last site you filled out a survey on and takes you to the next site, so if you don't have time to go through all the sites you can come back later.

If you're interested in participating simply go to http://chumphrey.guardian-web.com/index.cfm and sign in using your email address and putting in your name (if you feel like it). All surveys are reported to the students confidentially and names are optional. Please drop me an email (or PM) and let me know so I can have an idea of a participation count.

The current asignment is to build a static business website. These students are multimedia students so they've been spending a lot of time working with flash, director, 3D Studio max but not much with HTML. The sites being presented with this assignment have been built (for the most part) using Notepad to hammer in HTML tag concepts. They were told that an element of "wow" would be incorperated into the surveys. I know that there are a few that are text only... and their
surveys need to reflect the fact that they did not take any graphics into account. Be frank and provide them with constructive criticism. These students are in an associates-level program and have not had much of a chance to see how the real world will react to their creations.

I'll be closing out this assignment's surveys on Thursday, February 2 by 1 or 2 pm. There are more assignments coming soon!

Thanks for your time!
Hatton

I reviewed, and gave that input myself, a link to "review in full screen" is needed.

KCWebMonkey said:
this forces people to review a site in a small frame window... doesn't seem very user-friendly in that aspect.
In the next generation of the survey application I am going to be adding a "view site in full screen" link. I didn't have that in this one only for two reasons:
1. I made the mental decision that most visitors would be using a screen resolution at or above 1024x768. I made the preview window at around 800x600 for "squeezing" sake.
2. I can't decide which I despise more... spam or pop-ups

Hatton

Back