Need help on disk space

dutton

Perch
I have having a heck of a time trying to understand where all of our disk space is going to. I have been working with support for the last couple of weeks trying to figure it out, but I still can not see where it is going.

In the Hsphere CP, this is what the report states right now:

Disk Usage For Account 1783001 from 2/21/06 up to now

Description Used (Mb)
Mail for domain domain1.com 0.07
Mail for domain domain2.com 0.61
MS SQL Database for user MS SQL Database 43.0
MySQL Database for user MySQL Database 65.26
Mail for domain domain2.com 72.335
User account for user myusername 1709.4851

Now, we have three sites on this semi-dedicated plan. Two are under 5 MB's and the third is right around 800 MB's. Total this up and we have let's say about 1 GIG total with the databases included and mail as well.

I can not figure out where the other 700 MB's is though. I have asked support repeatedly but they just reply that this is what I am using. If they could actually point me to where it is, I would not have any problem, but they can't and I can not find it either.

I am asking the above because I just got an extra charge on my monthly statement and hoping other clients of Jodohost can hopefully give me some ideas of where to look and what to do.

Hint:

Option 1: Forward mail out to another service for pickup, don't hold/store mail for pickup in your JH hosted email accounts.

Option 2: Get mail from every JH hosted email account very frequently everyday.

Thanks, Atul - however, are you stating that there is no way for me to monitor the "actual" usage? at any current time?

With our server being used occassionally for FTP, this would just be too impractical to 'guesstimate' every day.

Back