Need suggestions for new Registrar

Hi all,
Im currently using Dotster as my registrar for all my domains and would like to switch to a new registrar.

The reason I want to switch is because thier support is horrible, their tools and menus are non-intuitive and thier site is getting slower by the month, so I would like to use a new registrar that is none of these things. I would also like the new registrar to provide free DNS management.

Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks!

Have you looked at JoDo? I have some domains registered with them and it's very good - plus - easy integration with JoDo Hosting. Only one snag - can't register .co.uk domains.

Godaddy.com - has nice tools but throw a bunch of upsell items at you, you may have to ignore.

Moniker.com - Good tool set also and tend to protect the domain holder more. (does not as readily shutdown domains for suspected spamming like Godaddy has done) In some competitive areas spammers/blog spammers are spamming for a competitor to get them shut down and users complining to their hosts.

I forgot to mention - for .co.uk domains I use www.easyspace.com (based in England - actually, now in Scotland since they were taken over) and they're very good with a good control panel for altering nameservers and more advanced stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions all.. I actually have a client that has his domain registered at GoDaddy.com.. the site seems to be fast but I dont like the domain locking feature or the fact that it seems to take longer for DNS to propogate than it does for Dotster, plus all the ads are bit much, however I do like the free year they offer for transfers.

Still looking, please send more suggestions.

Thanks

I've been using Enom for a few years now and don't really have any complaints other than having to fork over $3,975 to get $7.95/yr domains, which I can't afford. So I paid the $495 to get $8.95/year domains. More details here... http://www.enom.com/resellers/default.asp

I've been looking into Wild West Domains recently, but I'm not sure that $99/yr fee to get $7.75 domains is worth it for me. If you register a lot of domains it might be. More info here... http://www.wildwestdomains.com/gdshop/default.asp

-Cliff

xscott said:
Godaddy.com - ... throw a bunch of upsell items at you, you may have to ignore.
...hehe...you "MAY"...that's an understatement :D
(I use them though)

Moniker.com - Good tool set also and tend to protect the domain holder more. (does not as readily shutdown domains for suspected spamming like Godaddy has done) In some competitive areas spammers/blog spammers are spamming for a competitor to get them shut down and users complining to their hosts.

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

coldskool said:
Thanks for the suggestions all.. I actually have a client that has his domain registered at GoDaddy.com.. the site seems to be fast but I dont like the domain locking feature or the fact that it seems to take longer for DNS to propogate than it does for Dotster, plus all the ads are bit much, however I do like the free year they offer for transfers.

Still looking, please send more suggestions.

Thanks

The domain locking feature is optional, but good to have turned on unless you're making changes to the domain.

And for propogation times, i just changed DNS for 11 domains, and they propogated to the new nameservers in about 12 hours with GoDaddy.

Another tip... if you use the promo code "CANDY" you save an additional dollar. :)

Back