New microsoft vulnerability ms11-100

This is actually a .net vulnerability, and we are aware of it, and plan on rebooting shared severs this weekend, but what have you read that indicates PHP5 and Java are included here?

I am not seeing that from what I have read.

This is actually a .net vulnerability, and we are aware of it, and plan on rebooting shared severs this weekend, but what have you read that indicates PHP5 and Java are included here?

I am not seeing that from what I have read.

There was mention of php5 and java in an email I received regarding the security alert (not from microsoft). Other than the cause of the vulnerability that email didn't elaborate on php5 and java but only mentioned that they were affected. This article is here
www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/arti...ushes_microsoft_to_patch_aspnet_promptly.html

There was mention of php5 and java in an email I received regarding the security alert (not from microsoft). Other than the cause of the vulnerability that email didn't elaborate on php5 and java but only mentioned that they were affected. This article is here
www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/247092/flaw_in_web_app_frameworks_pushes_microsoft_to_patch_aspnet_promptly.html
ok so the MS patches, are just for the .net part, the PHP and Java, I guess will be forthcoming at some point.

This looks to be more of a major nuisance at the moment, but not one that can project DOS from an unpatched, just easily crash/overload a server.

Back