new to reseller hosting

How does reseller hosting work? I have a friend that wants me to do a web site for her. Are there any hidden fees? Such as fee charged per user account within the reseller account on top of the reseller account fee?

Am I required to charge the individual accounts a fee or are the pricing entirely my decision?

Am I required to have clients or am I allowed be to the sole user / owner of all the resources and individual accounts within the reseller account?

YOu may like to read - http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=5229

All fees are mentioned on Reseller Plan Page.

Plans and pricing is entirely your decision

To use Reseller Account, you have to make a plans and signup an account in that plans. If you have one account, you can use all resources in that account. If you create more accounts, you share resources as per the plans under which those accounts are.

success2be said:
How does reseller hosting work? I have a friend that wants me to do a web site for her. Are there any hidden fees? Such as fee charged per user account within the reseller account on top of the reseller account fee?

Am I required to charge the individual accounts a fee or are the pricing entirely my decision?

Am I required to have clients or am I allowed be to the sole user / owner of all the resources and individual accounts within the reseller account?

I'm not a reseller, but from what I can tell managing a reseller account is much more involved than managing a normal shared hosting control panel. Be sure this is what you want to do befoe signing up. If you want to resell to others and actively market your new company then it makes sense. If all you want to do is setup a website for your friend then just help them to sign up for a shared hosting control panel account (or do it yourself and manage it for them).

Additionally, if you are going to do all the management of your friend's website then you can get your own normal shared hosting account control panel and just allocate some space for your friend's domain.

Back