New to VPS.

I just recently testing with VPS on my reseller hosting. I created a VPS plan and then proceed to register an account under the VPS Plan.

After everything is done. I check the vps account CP, it states the resouces being use now is

Disk Quota used 582 MB out of 2000 MB.
Memory Usage Limit used 7 MB out of 64 MB.
Process Limit 16 out of 20 processes up and running.

The bare VPS account without any application and is already using 16 processes.. is that normal? My reseller plan only come free with 20 processes.... 8)

I was told to create a VPS account to host a mailserver and requires 25 processes. Does that means i need to allocate at least 41 processes for that VPS account?

Thanks.

submit a ticket and they will fix it up quickly. least they did for me.

it seems to be a 'quirk' in the initial provisioning (no i don't work for jodohost)

however, i am a LOT happier with this centos than the rhel they used previously. after it gets going you probably will be too.

hth

edit
actually, i used the live chat... not a ticket. they fixed it right up.

correct, it's not supposed to be 16.

try the live chat thingy... or submit a ticket.

edit
i don't see why you would want to run a mailserver on the vps though...

stop unneeded services like xinetd, sendmail(unless you pick it as your MTA), gpm,etc.
command to stop services:
service <servicename> stop

To check what services will run on next boot:
/usr/sbin/ntsysv

tanmaya:

let me reiterate that all i personally had done was create the account. nothing more. i had no chance to change/do anything.

this is the exact same problem i had when i just created a vps. even to the number of active processes, iirc.

if it was me i'd check something out. ymmv.

my process problem isn't listed, but this was related.
ticket #DHY-68385-728

this is the exact same problem i had when i just created a vps. even to the number of active processes, iirc.

my process problem isn't listed, but this was related.
ticket #DHY-68385-728...

hth
ctl

edit
my process problem was resolved via live chat, as i indicated previously...

Back