New User Titles! Suggestions?

Drew

Community Chief
Ive been trying to think up some new user titles for the forums.
The "Lord" titles for the forums have to go! :p (im sure a lot of you will agree on that)

Heres what i was thinking:

- Newbie (starting group)
- Forum Newbie (over 10 posts)
- Forum Amateur (over 100 posts)
- Forum Professional (over 200 posts)
- Forum Guru (over 500 posts)

I am open to all and any suggestions/comments

How about Forum Guru in place of Forum God. Other looks just fine to me.

Sounds good to me... I really don't mind what the titles are.

Thanks for putting forth the effort to make this a great user community!

Drew said:
- Newbie (starting group)
- Forum Newbie (over 10 posts)
- Forum Amateur (over 100 posts)
- Forum Professional (over 200 posts)
- Forum Guru (over 500 posts)

I am open to all and any suggestions/comments
I don't have any specific alternatives at the moment, I'll have to give it some thought, however having "Forum" in front of the titles is redundant, since all the titles only relate to using the forums and nothing else. Removing "Forum" would necessitate changing one of the Newbie designations to something else (and two Newbie designations does't make a lot of sense to me anyway). How about changing the 2nd Newbie to Amateur and the 3rd level to Semi-Professional. I also think there should be a level at 50 posts.

Sword Fish - 0
Piranha - 10
Spiny Dogfish Shark - 50
Whitetip Reef Shark - 100
Bull Shark - 150
Mako Shark - 300
Hammerhead Shark - 500
Tiger Shark - 1000
Whale Shark - 2000
Great White Shark - 4000

Let me know if you like this idea.

Yash said:
Sword Fish - 0
Piranha - 10
Spiny Dogfish Shark - 50
Bull Shark - 150
Mako Shark - 300
Hammerhead Shark - 500
Tiger Shark - 1000
Whale Shark - 2000
Great White Shark - 4000

Vicious!!!! ;)

Yash said:
Spiny Dogfish Shark - 50

No Fair!!! I went from being someone who "gains mastery over or win by overcoming obstacles or opposition" (Conqueror) To being a DOGFISH.

Bow wow :(

I think I'll go play dead now. :p

hatton said:
No Fair!!! I went from being someone who "gains mastery over or win by overcoming obstacles or opposition" (Conqueror) To being a DOGFISH.

Bow wow :(

I think I'll go play dead now. :p

I'm sure you could find a way to "bark" your way up the list!

Yash said:
Sword Fish - 0
Piranha - 10
Spiny Dogfish Shark - 50
Bull Shark - 150
Mako Shark - 300
Hammerhead Shark - 500
Tiger Shark - 1000
Whale Shark - 2000
Great White Shark - 4000

That's a lot of shark names. I would have thought there'd be more fish species to choose from. I think I would have gone for something like "Guppy" for the 0 to 9 level, then things like Goldfish, Catfish, etc. before getting to Piranhas and Sharks. I would have found that a little more interesting. Maybe I'll look into that for my own site.

Dave said:
That's a lot of shark names. I would have thought there'd be more fish species to choose from. I think I would have gone for something like "Guppy" for the 0 to 9 level, then things like Goldfish, Catfish, etc. before getting to Piranhas and Sharks. I would have found that a little more interesting. Maybe I'll look into that for my own site.

Yeah you have a good point...a variety of fish names rather than having them all from one species would be a little more interesting.

Thankfully I have enough posts that I wouldn't be a guppy PHEW!!!

Dave said:

Good idea :) I'll add goldfish and catfish into that when I have a little more time

Does everyone 100% like the idea of titles being based on fish? Someone told me fish titles are unprofessional for a hosting forum. Just wanted to know what everyone thought

Yash said:
Good idea :) I'll add goldfish and catfish into that when I have a little more time

Does everyone 100% like the idea of titles being based on fish? Someone told me fish titles are unprofessional for a hosting forum. Just wanted to know what everyone thought

I myself 100% don't agree with the fish names for a hosting forum.

I think there will always be someone that will not agree. You will never get 100% concensus on anything.

Refer to the Home page thread where everyone has a different opinion about screen sizes, where the homepage should be justified...or the thread about popups where some people think there are Good (what's up with that??)

BTW...I love your title Yash

Yash said:
I don't think the fish theme is unprofessional at all. It adds a bit of lightheartedness and fun to a support forum. I work for a large telecom company in Canada, and our brand is based on a nature theme; wild animals, farm animals, insects, lizards, fish, flowers etc. We have had many popular ads, but our current TV and print campaign has been wildly popular for our cellular division -- cute miniature pot-bellied pigs (flying pigs in some of the ads). My point being that injecting a bit of humour or fun into something isn't necessarily unprofessional. We're not talking about a funeral home here.

Back