New VPS Plans(SATA) Vs Old plans(SCSI)

ryogi

Guppy
Hi There

I am using the Win VPS Value plan for past 10 months. My sites were under construction all these days. Now since some of them are online and I have installed couple of components; I am running short of memory.:O

I checked the old win VPS rates (SCSI servers) on which my current node is for upgrade to next level but they are a bit expensive than the new rates of (SATA servers). The new plans offer much more resources compared to old plans.

I would like to know the experience of the users who are already on new VPS nodes. If someone can share there experience it will be helpful for me to take decision on whether I should migrate or stick to existing hw.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Yogesh

Good question, I will let some users here answer. For clients info anything WinVPS7 or higher is on new SATA drive based plans and on dual cpu instead of quad.

So if your on nodes winVPS7 or more, you are on these "new" plans, there have been a few that have migrated, and we are actually short on space to migrate it takes a bit of planning now to migrate to new servers, so whe you decide give us some notice to find a spot for you :)

Hi -

I am on the new plans and I'm quite happy with it.

It's more cpu and ram for the dollar (which seems to be what you are looking for).

I have tested and hosted mutiple ASP.NET applications and sites and everyhing went off nicley.

One of my clients is actually an ASP.NET programer who uses his space for testing his applications and scripts and he has given me much positive feedback regarding the set up.

Hope that helps!
David

I am on the new VPS plans.

I am running about 9 web sites on the Value Windows VPS plan.

I added around 150 MB of more memory on my VPS because I was getting close to the limit for a couple of days. I haven't reached the maximum CPU usage and I doubt I will.

My clients and I use PHP with MySQL 99% of the time. I haven't had any problems with them.

With my old host my web sites were down 3-4 days a week because of hardware and other problems. Since I have switched to Jodo Host I couldn't happier.

I am new to the VPS world and I don't have anything bad to say about it.

Back