No e-mail service

Mary Jo

Guppy
Our service went down for about 24 hours yesterday, and when webmail came back up, our e-mail accounts were no longer valid. The person who set up all of our e-mail accounts is no longetr available to us - can someone tell me how in the world we can get our e-mail backup? We have no idea what happened and we are desperate to get our e-mail back!!! HELP!

Who were you dealing with, what's your ticket ID? I'll look into it immediately

What was your initial problem?

Hi - What do you mean - who was I dealing with and our ticket ID? I did not set our accounts up, so I have no idea what you are talking about!! :) We are a nonprofit and we had a volunteer tech lady who set it all up for us. I can get you our e-mail addresses and passwords, anything else you need will have to be explained in laymen's terms...

Our initail problem was that whenever we did a send receive, we got an error that our service could not find the requested server. When we check it through webmail, the page could not be found. LAst night, the webmail came back up but it game me a message that it could not log me in most likely because my login or password were incorrect. And they are fine (WIndows remembers them both). We use Outlook at our work, and at home I just use webmail.

thanks - I have never used this service before, so I hope I am in the right place...
Yash said:
Who were you dealing with, what's your ticket ID? I'll look into it immediately

What was your initial problem?

Ok, firstly, make sure all your email accounts are created in the Control Panel. If not, create them. If you don't know how to, read http://www.jodohost.com/hsphere or open a ticket (From control panel, click on Support Center)

Once you do that, you should be able to access your email via outlook and webmail

Okay - I hate to be a dummy - how do take a screen shot? I know I hit the key "print screen" correct? How do I paste it into this reply?

Added: I can take the screen shot and paste it into Word, but I cannot paste it into this reply.

Yash said:
What mail server have you configured in your email client? (or just show me a screenshot of your configuration for any email account)

To create email accounts in the Control panel, see this: http://www.jodohost.com/hsphere/mailboxes.html

Hi

just email me with your account username. My address - [email protected]

When I get time in a few hours, I'll become your volunteer tech lady and set it up for you :)
Tell me what email accounts you want setup too

You are a sweetheart. :D I will e-mail you that info from my home account - clanmcclain - so you will know it's me.
Really - I am a software genius - I just hate setting this all up - I am tech inept...

We have three main accounts for staff, but we also have numerouse accounts for our students - they are not as critical, so if you can explain to me at some point how to do those, I will take care if them...

mj

QUOTE=Yash]Hi

just email me with your account username. My address - [email protected]

When I get time in a few hours, I'll become your volunteer tech lady and set it up for you :)
Tell me what email accounts you want setup too[/QUOTE]

Give me a few hours, I need to sort out another few issues (related to email as well) and then I'll create your accounts and tell you how to do them in the future

Back