not receiving formmail

I'm using the Formmail application installed from the Easy Apps icon in the control panel. I am not receiving the infomation that is submitted from my form. I do, however, receive the dafault message saying that "we have receive your information and will...". I've used this before with no problems. I'm sure it was working on this site but now it is not. I have deleted the form and formmail.php, uninstalled and reinstalled the application from the Easy Apps icon. I'm even using the sample form from the creators of this Formmail application (tectite.com). Tech support says the problem is in the formmail.php file and that I should contact my developer. The form is at www.singleestatesites.com/testform.php. The formmail file is in www.singleestatesites.com/formmail/formmail.php. Any help would really be appreciated.

The script uses the php mail function. Jodohost have made changes to their web servers that virtually render this unusable. According to Jodohost support this is an anti-spam measure and they recommend using phpmailer instead. There has been no announcement to my knowledge that this was taking place and I am not aware of any other hosting company taking this action. It has personnally cost us many hours work trying to remedy this across the numerous sites that we host. Its a shame that everyone has been penalised for the abuses of a small minority. Up until this point we have had very few complaints about Jodohost with the support they provide generally being excellent. However with so many web scripts using the php mail function it greatly reduces the options (or increases the amount of work) when hosting on these servers. I sincerely hope that Jodohost reconsider this issue and implement an alternative approach.

Blackram, here is the link of announcement for mailserver to put a check on mail count:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=3708

This applies to mails send via PHP as well. Since PHP's mail() function doent use your "actual" from, it causes the fake mailbox (that it uses) to get listed. No one is being penalised here, and we may unlist it anytime, but then who will prefer blacklisted mailservers. We have here asked for more support requests, but all in favour of customers. Also, we are certainely considering other options as well that helps customers with more than this issue.

Thanks for the reply. This is a new issue for me. The post that tanmaya is referring to was posted in '04. I'm not sure if this is related to my problem.

Tanmaya

Unless the mass mailing policy has changed in the last couple of months I don't think this is applicable. This is something that has occurred from late July onwards (see http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=7951). We've had sites working quite happily up until this point then suddenly form mail stopped working. It has affected low-traffic and new sites so I don't think bulk email is a problem. Support never once mentioned the mass mailing policy when I reported this problem. To quote from support:-

"Please switch to something like phpmailer or swiftmailer, so that your mails are sent out with correct headers and doesnt gets blocked. PHP' s mail() function doesnt set them correctly."

So are you now telling me that we just need to add sites to the mass mailing policy to get them to be able to use php mail again?

Kenbusby, yes it looks related. Can you give me ticket# if any.

Blackram, i dont say submit mass-mail form. It wont work in this case. Also nothing has changed.
Again, the problem is that PHP is "not" using your domain as envelope-sender, but something like httpd@server. Now it uses this sender for not only you, but all PHP mail() users on the server. Thus you cant alone ensure it remains unlisted. We cant whitelist, because it means allowing spamming possible in following way to go through easily:
1. A website is compromised using some known exploit (PHPBB was the favourite there and now it looks like Joomla is there). Here spammer will upload his script and spam badly.
2. Any new customer (spammer to be specific) signs up under our reseller just spam and go away, leaving us blacklisted and the reseller with chargebacks. Deepak had to cleanup 500,000 mails a few days back to save a few hunderd valid mails in them.

I'm open for suggestions here.

Back