Options for account purchase process...

DaveMBush

Guppy
I've noticed over the last several years that even when the control panel has been cleaned up and is running fast, the purchase process can crawl. I'm convinced that I'm loosing customers because of this.

I realize that this may be largely a problem with hsphere and there may not be anything that can be done about hsphere. But, is anyone running an alternative purchase process that isn't dependant on hsphere?

It seems to me that it might be worth collecting all of the information on my site and either holding it for review and/or emailing it to myself where I can setup the account on hsphere once I have the information instead of risking loosing the customer because the checkout process is so darn slow.

So, like the subject says, what are our options? What have other people done? I can't be the only person who's noticed this and there must be someone who's already created a viable solution.

Previously I had my own web app that displayed all available plans and resources
and enabled the potential account holder to sign up via this web app. The system then stored this info in a db and emailed me the customer and plan details . I would then contact the customer, confirm the details and sign them up via my reseller control panel. We did not accept cc payments so that wasnt an issue at that point in time. If you did want to allow cc payments I dont see any reason why you couldnt get these when you confirmed the order. We also had customers accessing their cp from this app. Customers also seemed to appreciate being contacted by a real person to confirm the order and answer any possible questions they might have.

Yeah. I already contact the customer.

I was just hoping someone had something already built they'd be willing to share.

Back