.org vs .net name server question

I've got a domain (xxx.net) set up to act as a name server for my reseller account (ns1.xxx.net and ns2.xxx.net). It works fine for managing my .com client domains, but when it comes to .org sites I realize I may be better off establishing a set of .org name servers (e.g. ns1.xxx.org etc.).

Here's the thing: I don't want to run two additional name servers unless I really stuck them on a different hosting provider to get a genuine set of secondary servers, so can I simply establish this second set of .org name servers as aliases of the original .net set -- or is that a no-no for a name server configuration?

I've got a domain (xxx.net) set up to act as a name server for my reseller account (ns1.xxx.net and ns2.xxx.net). It works fine for managing my .com client domains, but when it comes to .org sites I realize I may be better off establishing a set of .org name servers (e.g. ns1.xxx.org etc.).

Here's the thing: I don't want to run two additional name servers unless I really stuck them on a different hosting provider to get a genuine set of secondary servers, so can I simply establish this second set of .org name servers as aliases of the original .net set -- or is that a no-no for a name server configuration?

no need for .org nameservers :) a .com nameserver works just perfect

Thx, stephen -- no, I know a .com nameserver will work just as well as .net or any other tld :p, but since the .org top level registry is separate from the .com and .net scope, I keep getting error messages from registrars that they can't make the change to a .net name server for a .org domain because the .net name server hasn't been registered with the .org registry. I can get it registered, I just figured the other option would work as well or better...

Hmm, I seem to recall that it wouldn't include any nameserver glue for my .org domain name, resulting in an extra DNS query upon lookup..
Seems odd that they refuse to change the nameserver to .net ones though.

Back