out of memory problems again on win6

I confirm blizzy's post. Yesterday I say the outofmemory problem on one of our sites (euintrastat.com). It was either this error or JS2008: Error saving compiled state: Access to the path "C:\DOCUME~1\KAREN-~1\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\RES1890.tmp" is denied.

The OOM error cleared up, the second error remains and is still pending resolution (soon 24 hours :( )

I am able to upload and use asp.net pages with no issues, and am not seeing this error. Can you please give me a URL in private message or email if you still get this error. stephen @ jodohost.com
(spaces intentional, remove them to send email)

The problem isn't that ASP.NET is out of memory all the time on Win6... just enough to really piss you off :evil: . .NET garbage collection takes care of things so that the error will disappear, but it keeps popping up. (I could be mistaken about this, but I've seen enough of those errors that I've just given up looking into the exact error.) Pointing out the error is useless because by the time somebody gets around to checking, garbage collection will have taken care of it.

I recently got mail from Google taking my ad campains offline because the server was on error. The nature of the error is irrelevant because not working is not working.

I'm guessing that someone on Win6 is running some application that really sucks up memory really bad, and kills the rest of us. X(

We are going to continue to try solving this issue during the next 48 hours but if that fails as well, we'll be taking a more drastic step to solve this issue.

I can tell you, there is 1.5+GB free ram most of the time. It is the asp.net process killing the machine. we have been monitoring it super close, and most of the time the outages are less than 3 minutes now, however we have been in contact with MS and they are working with us. I will update this thread when we know some more.

MS has sent us a hotfix for this major issue. We are hoping that it will resolve the problem. It took a lot of work to get it, and hopefully it will do the trick. This hotfix was one that you have to call support for, it is not a public download.

Edit: The server is rebooting at this moment, will be back in 3-5 minutes. So if you see it down that it why, will be back very shortly.

Back