Password Protecting Folders (Windows)

I know password protecting folders in hphere is possiable but does it work with windows servers, i cant get it to work. I am trying to password protect access to the weberlizer stats folder and setting up a members only section any help would be great… :wink:

I can set up webalizer to force a login that is the same as your FTP login.

If you could do that for me that would be great what details would you need from me to set that up :smiley:

You can use WebShell to password protect directories
AwStats has password protection by default

that is nice, I was not thinking in the hsphere 2.4 days, I was thinking the 2.3 version. Yes, you can use webshell.

hsphere 2.4 does password protection, use webshell</insert into memory>

[QUOTE=Yash]
You can use WebShell to password protect directories
[/QUOTE]

That certainly seemed to work. However, where exactly is the password file it creates? I created a test directory and file before trying it on a real one. Now I can’t seem to delete the test directory through FTP. It seems to disappear, but when I refresh the FTP display the deleted directory comes back. I even renamed it and deleted it again, but it always comes back. I deleted the user account I created for the test because I think I may have accidently password protected the whole domain by mistake. Does that delete the password directory and file?

Thanks.

You can unprotect the folder using WebShell itself

I BELIEVE the filename is creates is .htpasswd but I am not positive on that, I will verify it by setting up a test here in the next 24 hours. I would not think the would prohibit FTP from deleting the folder however.

Edit: and yes you can just unprotect form webshell and set it all back to the way it was.