Password Protecting Folders (Windows)

I know password protecting folders in hphere is possiable but does it work with windows servers, i cant get it to work. I am trying to password protect access to the weberlizer stats folder and setting up a members only section any help would be great.... ;)

that is nice, I was not thinking in the hsphere 2.4 days, I was thinking the 2.3 version. Yes, you can use webshell.

<insert into memory> hsphere 2.4 does password protection, use webshell</insert into memory>

Yash said:
You can use WebShell to password protect directories
That certainly seemed to work. However, where exactly is the password file it creates? I created a test directory and file before trying it on a real one. Now I can't seem to delete the test directory through FTP. It seems to disappear, but when I refresh the FTP display the deleted directory comes back. I even renamed it and deleted it again, but it always comes back. I deleted the user account I created for the test because I think I may have accidently password protected the whole domain by mistake. Does that delete the password directory and file?

Thanks.

I BELIEVE the filename is creates is .htpasswd but I am not positive on that, I will verify it by setting up a test here in the next 24 hours. I would not think the would prohibit FTP from deleting the folder however.

Edit: and yes you can just unprotect form webshell and set it all back to the way it was.

Back