permission to add linked server

dgdot

Guppy
Hello all,
I need to add a linked server to one of my mssql databases. Do I need to get permission from support, or is this something I can do myself? This is a new process for me, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Yash, thanks for the reply.
If you can give the user, fivesta_fivestar sysadmin rights to database fivesta_fsr, I could create a linked server.
http://www.lazydba.com/sql/1__5441.html
this addresses the issue of creating a linked server using DTD package even in standard edition.
Or you can login to mssql2.jodoshared.com from enterprise manager using admin user id and create linked server.

Thanks for your help.
David

Can anybody help?
I've got a real estate database on jodohost that I'm trying to automatically download and update listings from a remote database. I had assumed this was the way to do it and that i wasn't asking anything out of the ordinary.
Anyone? anyone?

Thanks

do you have a ticket regarding this? I'll just double check with our DBA on this.

We have never got a request like this before so I am sorry for the delay.

Yash,
Ticket ID# 32693. Looks like it was closed earlier.
Yash, as I stated, this is a real estate website, so this is extremely important for me and as you can imagine, the database will be the main focus of the website.
A script will query the remote DB every three days and update records in my Jodoshost DB.

Back