PHP Contact form not working anymore on Web5?

Cosinus

Perch
I have a php contact form on a site hosted on Web5. I noticed that since several weeks it doesn't work anymore.

Let's go into details.

- the form is based on Tectite's formmail. Between the time it worked and the time I noticed that it's not working I didn't changed a single line
- the email for the mails for this website/domain is hosted on Google Apps since long, and the form worked
- I wrote a simple PHP script to mail(), and that isn't working either.
- there is no error, not on formmail script nor mine (return code 0). The mails simply don't arrive.
- I tested the both scripts on another domain, which has the email hosted on Jodohost. Same thing. No error, but the emails do not arrive.
- I tested both scripts on a local PHP server, they work.

I think there's a problem somewhere, but not having access to the logfiles I simply can not go further.

Any help, please?

Why not turn on logs in your CP and check them? :)

However, do you have a ticket on it?

Dear Cosinus,

As per communication in ticket, phpmailer is working for you. It is always good to use SMTP auth instead of mail() :)

Please feel free to ask if you face any issue further.

Suddenly the communication between the PHP script on Web5 and the (outside) SMTP server stopped working. I tried two different SMTP servers, both are not connectable ("SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP"). I've tried the same script on a testing server, and it's working.

Ok, the mail() function ceased working without warning. Now the SMTP communication ceased without warning. I'm not happy!

Yes, I opened a ticket, let's see how long it will take to solve the problem.

It shouldn't affect me if the IP changed, that's why DNS server are for ;) Unless, of course, they have a really big TTL.

Anyway, smtp.gmail.com is working, but connection to smtp.gmx.net not.

Actually we had firewall exception added and that need to be reload for new ip. We have also added rule for smtp.gmx.net to port 465.

As per ticket conversation now both are working for you.

Please update us if you see any issue further.

Ok, coming back with the same issue for my classic asp hosted sites on Win20.

Contact forms using Persists MailSender are not working anymore, after they were online for years. As for the *nix hosted sites, I got no notice from Jodohost that it will not work anymore. My angry customers had to find out that they are not receiving contact form data for several days, perhaps weeks. The forms are triggering no error, the email are just not being delivered! Annoying!!!

Now would you please tell me how to modify the forms so that the form-to-email procedure will be working? Ok, SMTP authentication is recommended, but what should I use? Because the Persists.Mailsender which I'm using is not supporting it "AspEmail's premium features have expired. To continue using them, please visit www.aspemail.com to purchase a registration key."

And, by the way, why are tickets dissapearing from my Tickets history on resellerdesk.jodohost.com? I can see tickets posted in 2009, but not the recent ones.

Ok, I will proceed as stated in the ticket - moving to CDOSYS.

But still, forms suddenly not working, without warning... that's really not nice!

Cosinus,

there are many causes or potential causes for these type issues. SMTP auth is always the recommended way to do mailings, and ASPemail is yes the free edition only supporting localhost.

About the heldesk tickets, did you recently change mail addresses on the tickets? that can cause an unlink of the helpdesk account that can make some show and some not show.

And I discover now that one form, on the same Win20, is still working with Persists component and localhost. Hmmm...?(

No, I didn't changed any data in my account (including helpdesk) since the creation a couple of years ago. I don't even know where to change it.

And I discover now that one form, on the same Win20, is still working with Persists component and localhost. Hmmm...?(
The web servers have not before and do not now have rDNS, so it depends on the receiving mail server to if the mail will come. many mail servers do not take mail from non rDNSed servers of any sort.

Hi I am new reseller and none of my imported formmail.php worked, following ticket i am using Tectite.com script. I am afraid i am not familiar with php I filled in variables:

$TARGET_EMAIL = array(EMAIL_NAME."^info@bon-voyage\.uk\.com$"); on line 244 on my copy

$SITE_DOMAIN = "http://www.bon-voyage.uk.com/"; on line 250

I think that was all but when I run the script at http://d3832738.x60.jimsaxton.co.uk/book_liverpool_chauffeur_online_ORIGINALTEST.html

I get this error: An error occurred while processing the form .

Please contact us (bon-voyage.uk.com) directly since this form is not working .

This domain is on web5 Unix server.

I would appreciate some advice to a non techo on how to get the script to work.
An error occurred while processing the form .

Back