PHP SwiftMailer Issues

I am using php swith mailer; http://www.swiftmailer.org/

I have 3 reseller accounts, 2 of which are on jodohost. I have over 100 billable accounts and most of them use this php mailer. All of which use the authentication plugin.

But now the customers are calling and are telling me that the forms do not work. One of which wants to come after someone because they spend hundreds a day in PPC advertising and it has not worked since 2/17/2009, lucky for me I sent this guy straight to you (jodohost shared hosting, I have a ton of clients that I have sent to you actaully as well), which those clients use my form from swiftmailer.

They are not working and I do not know why. What did you do to the server environment 2 weeks ago that has caused this. I will have at least 50 clients that will want me to update their forms and expect me to do it for free for bad code or something. Which is not the case.

nothing happened 2 weeks ago, we need an upgrade LAST week and on cluster1 into this week, but nothing would have made them quit two weeks ago like this.

I have a small snippet of code to catch errors;

PHP:
                        $MailProc = new Swift(new Swift_Connection_SMTP($MailServ));
                        // logs  Errors
                        if ($MailProc->isConnected()){
                            if ($MailProc->authenticate($MailUser, $MailPass)){
                                $MailProc->send($MailDest, $MailFrom, $MailSubj, $MailBody);
                                print '<p align="center" style="color: white">THANK YOU!<br /><strong>A representative will be in contact with you shortly.</strong></p>';
                            }else{
                                print '<p style="color: red">This form failed to <strong>AUTHENTICATE</strong> to the mail server, please call us at '.$MailCall.'!</p>';
                            }
                            // Closes cleanly
                            $MailProc->close();
                        }else{
                            print '<p style="color: red">This form failed to <strong>CONNECT</strong> to the mail server which is needed to send your mail. Please call us at '.$MailCall.'!</p>';
                        }

They all throw my "This form failed to AUTHENTICATE" error.

But all my settings are correct. For every client I create an email account for my forms. noreply@domain and then I authenticate using that email account. I also use mail.domain.com as the mail server.

I have been running different variations of this for years. php 4 and 5.

So I upgraded to the beta version of swiftmailer (version 4) and I got the form to work on one of my reseller accounts. But not on a jodohost shared account.

I do not want to go upgrade 50 - 100 client's anyway. So if I knew it was one particular thing, I could go update all that old code, regardless of version.

I have a small snippet of code to catch errors;

PHP:
                        $MailProc = new Swift(new Swift_Connection_SMTP($MailServ));
                        // logs  Errors
                        if ($MailProc->isConnected()){
                            if ($MailProc->authenticate($MailUser, $MailPass)){
                                $MailProc->send($MailDest, $MailFrom, $MailSubj, $MailBody);
                                print '<p align="center" style="color: white">THANK YOU!<br /><strong>A representative will be in contact with you shortly.</strong></p>';
                            }else{
                                print '<p style="color: red">This form failed to <strong>AUTHENTICATE</strong> to the mail server, please call us at '.$MailCall.'!</p>';
                            }
                            // Closes cleanly
                            $MailProc->close();
                        }else{
                            print '<p style="color: red">This form failed to <strong>CONNECT</strong> to the mail server which is needed to send your mail. Please call us at '.$MailCall.'!</p>';
                        }

They all throw my "This form failed to AUTHENTICATE" error.

But all my settings are correct. For every client I create an email account for my forms. noreply@domain and then I authenticate using that email account. I also use mail.domain.com as the mail server.

I have been running different variations of this for years. php 4 and 5.

So I upgraded to the beta version of swiftmailer (version 4) and I got the form to work on one of my reseller accounts. But not on a jodohost shared account.

I do not want to go upgrade 50 - 100 client's anyway. So if I knew it was one particular thing, I could go update all that old code, regardless of version.
hrm, you know that jodohost shared and reseller accounts are the same? jodohost shared is just a reseller on the same system :D

okay. I am trying to solve an issue here, I am not looking for an empty reply.

I know I can fix this problem with this NEW code.

I want to fix the old code! Times 200!

I need a 5 minute per site solution not an hour solution per site.

I want to know what was changed. And you cannot tell me that nothing changed with the other parts of the forum are filled with the same thing. Like php mailer problems etc etc.

okay. I am trying to solve an issue here, I am not looking for an empty reply.

I know I can fix this problem with this NEW code.

I want to fix the old code! Times 200!

I need a 5 minute per site solution not an hour solution per site.

I want to know what was changed. And you cannot tell me that nothing changed with the other parts of the forum are filled with the same thing. Like php mailer problems etc etc.

I did not give an empty reply, I told you before nothing changed on 2/17, you'd be best to send a ticket if you want us to check in detail because on forums it is impossible.

please do not tempt me to put one of my $10.00 an hour techs on opening support tickets for all my sites that have forms on them. Anywhere from 50 to 150 websites that have these forms on them. Maybe even more.

They ALL have the same problem. I can no longer authenticate. I open trouble tickets and your low level 1 techs give me stupid answers.

I did someone with a little more intelligence (sorry experience) to figure out why my forms cannot authenticate.

Maybe you closed a port, that would be a change on your end. I do not know, but other people are having these issues as well.

Right now I have only ONE ticket open for ONE domain for YOUR client. NOT mine. No one is answering it. Also, I know they are going to reply with did you do this, or you must authenticate (even though I said that) and I will have to wait another 12 hours. Then they will come back again, then another 12 hours. Meanwhile my client is talking about suing you me and anyone else for the money he lost in Pay Per Click.

Help me, you help a chunk of tickets and mutual clients.

please do not tempt me to put one of my $10.00 an hour techs on opening support tickets for all my sites that have forms on them. Anywhere from 50 to 150 websites that have these forms on them. Maybe even more.

They ALL have the same problem. I can no longer authenticate. I open trouble tickets and your low level 1 techs give me stupid answers.

I did someone with a little more intelligence (sorry experience) to figure out why my forms cannot authenticate.

Maybe you closed a port, that would be a change on your end. I do not know, but other people are having these issues as well.

Right now I have only ONE ticket open for ONE domain for YOUR client. NOT mine. No one is answering it. Also, I know they are going to reply with did you do this, or you must authenticate (even though I said that) and I will have to wait another 12 hours. Then they will come back again, then another 12 hours. Meanwhile my client is talking about suing you me and anyone else for the money he lost in Pay Per Click.

Help me, you help a chunk of tickets and mutual clients.

listen, I am asking you to open a ticket and give references and that is it. If you want to get snippy with me I can just call it a day and go on. A ticket is the answer, I cannot and WILL NOT help here as it is not possible with the info given. if you want it checked and fixed, you open a ticket, otherwise it is just going to be as is because it can't be checked from here.

I got the standard, hey use authentication email, which I waited 12 hours for. Which I told them in my email that I was doing that.

So they passed it up to Praven, he changed my mailer class and told me try it now, but did not tell me what he did. So I had to look for changed files on the server and then compare to files to find out, that he just changed the default port from 25 to 587 INSTEAD of just telling me, hey port 587 now!

What I got back from them was "due to spamming from web server, our web server ip got blocked on rbl that is being used by mail server. That's why you had this issue."

now I have to go identify and update 50 - 200 client/personal websites.

The answer that I was looking for from you stephen was, you know our mail server got blocked,the other day try these things. Then everyone that is looking for an answer could find this.

They real thing to do, was to sent everyone an email telling them to check their webforms and have your developers do these things......

Back